Salt Institute for Documentary Studies

Located in Portland, Maine, the Salt Institute for Documentary Studies offers a 15-week immersion program for advanced undergraduate and graduate students in documentary writing, photography, or radio.
This blog is an update of current Salt students insights and musings.

3/14/2008

"such is life"

Well, I'll keep this one simple. The past three weeks I did not contribute any images to the walls of the third floor critique room. That did not feel good. I could only imagine what might be there, which was an exercise in destroying a certain amount of self confidence (um..like a whole lot of it). Things do not fall in ones lap, as some may say, they take time and effort to work.

But now, it seems as if things have come together in such a way where I can look forward again into what feels like a great opportunity. I am relieved, and excited (to see what I can do with these stories) AND to see what everyone else does!

Now the question is, is it ok to gchat with your subject? Haha.

No comments: