Salt Institute for Documentary Studies

Located in Portland, Maine, the Salt Institute for Documentary Studies offers a 15-week immersion program for advanced undergraduate and graduate students in documentary writing, photography, or radio.
This blog is an update of current Salt students insights and musings.

3/13/2009

Winter Portland

It's March which means the coming of spring birds and leaving of snow. But it's Maine so there's still snow on the ground, the ocean is still quite cold, and my ears strain for the sound of far away loons. Yet despite this winter weather I find myself caught in world of color.

Winter semester at Salt is full of hours spent in the computer lab, discussing story ideas, and most importantly shooting images with my camera. It is within this last act I find myself come alive in a world of grey, winter storms, freezing cold air, and crisp blue morning horizons. As winter changes to spring I slowly transition from photography student to one dedicated to using photography as a means towards creating positive social change. While there is much more work to go the change is truly felt- on all levels.

By: Keith, photography student

1 comment:

writing a annotated bibliography said...

It seems that there are a variety of end uses to weather forecasts. Weather warnings are important forecasts because they are used to protect life and property.